A new series of in-person classes start soon.
Special for Winter – Solder Refresh
Review and improve your technique within each class.
The first hour, or so, of each class we meet one-on-one to discuss your project.
Then I will review and demonstrate solder topics during which you can choose to continue working on your own, or take part in the demo.
1. review the heat needs of silver, copper, brass, gold. Fusing vs. soldering. Annealing
2. fit and cleanliness are essential- what does that mean
3. methods for holding parts in position
4. protecting gems, unsoldering, heat sinks, heat intensifiers
Classes are scheduled every other week, allowing time between lessons to make progress on your project.
Class meets every other Monday in four-week sessions. Excepting holiday weeks.
My studio is in the Oakhurst neighborhood of Decatur, GA.
$260 per 4-week session
Day class 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
Night class 5:30 – 8:30 pm
February 5 and 19
April 1, 15, and 29
Please Note: Make ups for missed classes is not guaranteed, though any open spots are available for those who need them.
These classes are for intermediate or advanced jewelry makers who want to:
- Brush up on a skill or method
- Perfect a technique
- Finish old projects with assistance
- Advance their design voice
The small class size offers exceptional one-to-one instruction on exactly what you want to learn.
Students are encouraged to listen in, ask questions, and offer feedback on all instructions.
We share all knowledge exchanged within the group.
With four students working on individual projects and sharing information, it’s like having four workshops in one.